Friday 15 April 2011

Nemeses

That was the last I saw of Gene.

Plunging into the dark abyss, screaming and flailing, Gene quickly faded into obscurity both in the literal and figurative sense.  

And that was that.  I had defeated my nemesis.  Finding the cave had been simple, (google was an amazing tool), and luring him here had proved even easier; Gene had always quietly assumed his virtue could overcome any evil which led to a near... well, a fatal lack of forethought.  Nancy nagged him about it during poker games on the weekends but he laughed it off as just being true to himself.  I will miss those games. 

It was not my fault, you see.  We were just playing out the cards we were dealt.  I had won this hand, and all of them as it turned out. 

The setup, I think, had something to do with orphans.  Where... oh yes, already in the abyss.  Gene was a sucker for orphans having been one himself.  He liked kittens too, but so did I.  Still do in fact, I'm not the total monster the media makes me out to be.  The orphans Gene tried to save were cleverly disguised cave bats. The look on his face was priceless, it was the same look he gave when I beat his full house with... but I digress.

So yes, to answer your question I was there when your dad died.  I am accepting applications for a new nemesis as well. I look forward to seeing how much you've grown, Gene Jr.  Do you play poker?  Write soon.

Sincerely,

Terry.  (The Maniaclor)

1 comment:

  1. i dug it! also: i don't know i'd want to be your nemesis. tho' i'm evil so i assume i'm safe there...

    ReplyDelete